My Blog List

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Busy week!

Well, it's been a very busy week, and the next 2 (countdown to retirement) look like they'll be busy too.
Friday was retirement party for my colleague and friend John T. Here's me making my speech before giving him his quilted gift. John is a published poet so I started my farewell address to him with a quote from my favourite book (can you guess ?)
"The time has come," the Walrus said, To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings.
"But wait a bit," the Oysters cried. Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath, And all of us are fat! (except me!) 
No hurry!" said the Carpenter.They thanked him much for that."

I made a cloth bag for the quilt which is what I'm holding as John displays his quilt. John liked to walk along the creek on his way to & from work. The back of the quilt is a photographic print of fall leaves! I think he liked it :).


After work on Friday I was off to my sister's place to meet the new grand nephew!
That's me holding William Forest, with momma (Lisa) and his sister Claire, who just wanted to play ;).
And here's a Smith family pic - Great Grandpa Smith, me with baby William and my sister, proud Grandma. That's the Friendship quilt my guild gave me after the mater's passing, which I shared with my sister. William was 3 weeks early, and must have been tired as he slept through the whole evening ! His Fancy Foxes baby quilt goes to the quilter today - yeah!
When I got home my kitchen sink was TOTALLY backed up. 3 bottles of Draino later and nothing is happening - Grrrrrr. Guess I'll have to call a plumber.
TTFN



No comments: