My Blog List

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Happy Holidays

Happy holidays to all. It's been awhile since my last post. Indeed, I have been chastened about my indolence. Well, in my defence (and there really is no defence) I've been somewhat busy getting my Lucy (Lucy Boston paper pieced Points of the Cross) quilt top together. It's now together with borders, pic to follow soon as I finish getting the papers and basting removed. And, with the holidays and celebrations and gatherings of friends, etc., I just haven't had time for much else. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
My time has been occupied, and I did manage to finish off 2 of my 3 retrieved Piecemaker's 2002 Seasons blocks - see December's block above. It's hard to see in this pic, but I embroidered Noel in copper thread in the bottom left corner,  and in silver thread Joy in the bottom right corner. You can see the pink Peace  in the top right. I also added a wee doilie (from grandma) and the only piece of Tatting I have ever done. If you look carefully you will also see a couple of pine cone buttons, and of course the big bad wolf! I like this one, and it has been a real hit here at Oak Crossing.
TTFN



No comments: