My Blog List

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Disappointment

So last week a friend and I travelled out of town to shop for fabrics and pattern for a new baby quilt. I was so thrilled to get the wanted pattern (Fancy Foxes) and a bunch of fabrics in the colours I was looking for. I was also thrilled with the backing fabric I chose, although not foxes it was "modern" and in the right colours. Well, Imagine my huge disappointment this morning as I was folding the now washed fabric. Do you see it ? I didn't see it while the fabric was being measured and cut, and I'm sure the store owner didn't either, but there it is!!!!!
The fabric was factory seamed all the way from edge to edge!!!! I'm soooooooo disappointed WAHHHHHHHHH. Has this ever happened to you? Now, what am I going to do ? Should I go back to the store and request/ask/demand a whole new cut of fabric? The factory seam is smack dab @ 1.10cm mark! I'd have to cut out that part and seam the backing, and I'm not sure there's enough fabric. GRRRRRR. And I was going to start this project on my upcoming vacation. Soooooo disappointed. I'll email the shop owner and see what happens - will let you know later :(
The whole week wasn't completely bad, I managed one more mug rug, finishing off this lovely pink fabric. Also, I received some encouraging news. 1) I met with the financial people and YEAH I can afford to retire early - haven't officially decided yet - but nice to know!!
2) I finally, FINALLY got an answer @ work to my request from last FEBRUARY, yes you read that right, LAST FEBRUARY, when I requested a more flexible work shift to compensate for the fact that I had to arrive @ 7:15 am to get the accessible parking spot I need. (I had competition from another lady who also needed an accessible parking spot.) It took them 6 MONTHS, tons of paperwork and medical appointments, etc for them to agree to my request - sort of. They have agreed to allow me to change my work day IF NEEDED due to parking situation from 9-4:30 to 8-3:30 . Not quite the "flexible schedule" I asked for, but better than nothing and better late than never.
Word for this week:
Cavaderic - of/relating to a cadaver.
Which leads me to this interesting website I came across reccently Materials of Mourning .
TTFN



No comments: