My Blog List

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Happy Labour Day!

I've been busy as a Bee (sorry - I couldn't resist that one...). Since it's Labour day weekend I thought I'd show you the fruits of my labours! I finished off the Busbee Bee wall hanging and it's already on the mater's front door! I'm rather proud of this one, my mitered corners are perfect, and I did use the Organza which worked out OK. I even did quite a bit of machine quilting (not my forte).
What else am I working on this weekend? Well, remember this panel?
Here's what I created from it!
I plan to machine quilt both of these, not that I'm any good at machine quilting, but that I need to practice practice practice!! Least that's what they tell me.
I have 1/2 the panel yet and need to think up another project to use it up. I've used up all the border fabric so  whatever I come up with will be less leafy. Any ideas?
 I need to get started on the Owls quilt for my niece, and am still working on my cats quilt after almost 3 weeks of no activity. I just couldn't think of how to quilt it. Without any particular decision I started quilting again. I'm doing "liberated quilting" and I really like it! What do you think ?
TTFN,


No comments: